Monday, April 27, 2009

Dogzilla by Dav Pilkey

What it's about: A spoof of the movie "Godzilla", with dog and mice characters. When Dogzilla invades Mousopolis, the rodent inhabitants must decide on a plan to rid themselves of this terrible menace before their city is chewed to pieces. One of Dav Pilkey's best known, and best-loved books. This wacky tale features colorful collages, manipulated photographs, and paintings. Warning: Some material may be too goofy for grown-ups! Full color.

My Thoughts: This is a FUNNY book. I read it to my kids every year and they always ask for more. It is goofy, it's full of word play, puns and wonderfully silly pictures. The warning above is actually on the title page. Here is one of my favorite lines: "The Big Cheese tried to catch up to the hot dog with all the relish he could muster."

Visit the author's site here.

Challenges:
100+ Reading Challenge

children's literature, dog, funny

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds like a cute one! Bet I would have liked this as a kid :)

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Thanks, I think I'll look for it for my grandkids.