Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich



About the book: Take an exit off the Jersey Turnpike to the irresistible world of Stephanie Plum, America's favorite bounty hunter, where she gets into more trouble than ever. This time, she faces a notorious gang in Trenton who wants her dead. Morelli warns that she's in too deep, and Stephanie more than agrees. But the gang won't let her bow out. With Ranger missing in action, Stephanie has to go into hiding--and stumbles on to the secret location of Ranger's "bat cave." Is it the perfect place to disappear? Or will she get into more trouble than she knows by delving into his private world? The tenth Stephanie Plum novel is filled with Evanovich's trademark high stakes, high adventure, high wit, and sly comedy.

Quote: "I'm Stephanie Plum. My mother says that I'm famous and have to set a good example. She's right, but I'm from Jersey and truth is, I have a hard time getting a grip on the good example thing."

Why this book you might ask: Because it is funny and I found the book on CD cheap.

My Thoughts: This is a reread for me. I have enjoyed all the Stephanie Plumb books at least one time each. I never read these expecting to find great works of literature, I read them for fun and a few laughs. I was not disappointed. This series is full of fun & nonsense. With all the serious stuff going on in our world, I could use a break.

I do wish there was a little more to Ranger, he has such potential. I enjoyed Sally Sweet and his attempts to quit cursing. Not much happened here to grow the relationship between Morelli and Stephanie. The scene where Stephanie, Lula and Connie tried to be tough and smack a gang member around just cracked me up. All in all it was a fun, fast read.

Links:
Janet Evanovich
Interview with Janet (YouTube)
Ten Big Ones at Wikipedia.

Audio CD
Publisher: Macmillan Audio; Unabridged edition (June 22, 2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1402581882
ISBN-13: 978-1559277846
ASIN: 155927784X

Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter, mystery, gangs, funny mystery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.