Sunday, August 22, 2010

Belle Weather by Celia Rivenbark


Belle Weather: Sunny With a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fits. This was a reread. I just couldn't help it, it makes me laugh. I've seen it written that you should "think Dave Barry with a female point of view." I think that should have been "with a southern female's point of view." She speaks on matters that many of us can relate to. My favorite book of hers is "Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank: A Slightly Tarneshed Southern Belle's Words of Wisdom. I'm out to get another of her books, probably "You Can't Drink All Day Unless You Start In the Morning."
Quote: Who can fail to mist at Fergie's anthem, 'My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps.' Hummm. 'My lunch, my lunch, I swear it's coming up.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's good when we can find an author to laugh with. Haven't read this one, but should. :)