Sunday, September 28, 2008

Junie B., First Grader by Barbara Park


From the publisher: The 18th installment in Barbara Park's popular beginning chapter-book series puts our temperamental heroine into a brand-new class where she has to make brand-new friends. And as if that weren't hard enough, her brand-new teacher, Mr. Scary ("He made that name up, I believe," Junie writes in a journal assignment), figures out that she needs eyeglasses. Will all the other kids laugh at her? Will that obnoxious Excellent-plus-getting May become even more obnoxious?
My Thoughts: I have loved Junie B. Jones books from the first time I read one to my class several years ago. It does not matter which one I choose to read the class always responds to it. I usually read this one if someone is getting glasses or is shy to wear the glasses they already have. Along with a positive spin on glasses (what a great time to talk about kindmess, manners, etc) it is a funny story. Junie B. (she refuses to be called just Junie) is sassy and cute. Read this to your kids or just read it for yourself! Either way, you'll love it.
5

No comments: