Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith

This is the 11th novel in this wonderful series and I loved it as much as the first one. I can't say enough good things about this series. At 224 pages it is not a long read, none of them are, but it is packed with warmth, wisdom and gentle humor. Besides coming to know the characters and loving them I enjoy reading about Botswana and learning about life there. If you haven't read any of these you should. Start with the first one and work your way up, you won't be sorry. Get ye to your library!

Quotes: Do not complain about your life. Do not blame others for things that you have brought upon yourself. Be content with who you are and where you are, and do whatever you can do to bring to others such contentment, and joy, and understanding that you have managed to find yourself.

"Listen to me, Mma," she said. "Your nephew still loves you. If you do not wish to lose him forever, then you must listen to what I say and you must remember it. Love without freedom is like a fire without air. A fire without air goes out. Do you understand me,Mma?"

Alexander McCall Smith
About the book
Excerpt
I like this review

No comments: