Monday, February 7, 2011

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

About the book: Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

First line: I ran my fingers across the page, feeling the dents where he had pressed the pen to the paper so hard that it had nearly broken through.


My thoughts: I'll have to say that Bella is even more annoying in this book, if that is possible. Edward comes off as a conrol freak and Jacob has a moment as a sexual predator. I didn't even like Charlie in this one much. At 600+ pages there was plenty of time for Bella to whine about stuff, demand her way then change her mind. The danger to everyone was just a short aside to all the posturing. I know this seems very negative and most of you who read will have loved this book. Sorry. I listened to this and if I had been reading it I would have done a LOT of skimming. I would have enjoyed it a lot more is it had been tightened up and some of the angst taken out. With that said, I have to see what happens so I'll be listening to Breaking Dawn next.

Rating:


Quote: "The worst part is that I saw the whole thing -- our whole life. And I want it bad, Jake, I want it all. I want to stay right here and never move. I want to love you and make you happy. And I can't, and it's killing me." (This is Bella talking to Jacob.)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This series holds no appeal for me, so I think I'm going to skip it.