Friday, February 1, 2013

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis


About the book: A voyage to the very ends of the world. NARNIA . . . where a dragon awakens . . . where stars walk the earth . . . where anything can happen.

A king and some unexpected companions embark on a voyage that will take them beyond all known lands. As they sail farther and farther from charted waters, they discover that their quest is more than they imagined and that the world’s end is only the beginning.

First Line: "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." (I love this first line!)

My Thoughts: I have enjoyed reading C.S. Lewis in the past but had never read this children's series of his. I think that God blessed him with his writing. This was a well written fantasy series with little life lessons in each of the books.  I believe they targeted the 4th-6th grade market but I seen no reason adults would not enjoy them. 

No comments: