Saturday, February 2, 2013

Zoo by James Patterson

About the book: All over the world, brutal attacks are crippling entire cities. Jackson Oz, a young biologist, watches the escalating events with an increasing sense of dread. When he witnesses a coordinated lion ambush in Africa, the enormity of the violence to come becomes terrifyingly clear.

With the help of ecologist Chloe Tousignant, Oz races to warn world leaders before it's too late. The attacks are growing in ferocity, cunning, and planning, and soon there will be no place left for humans to hide. With wildly inventive imagination and white-knuckle suspense that rivals Stephen King at his very best, James Patterson's ZOO is an epic, non-stop thrill-ride from "One of the best of the best."

First line:

 My thoughts : I got this book because I thought this was an interesting idea for a  story line. This novel takes place over a decade of time, with 5 of those years skipped.  It kept me turning pages but also had a few things I wondered about. For instance the main character keeps a chimpanze in his apartment even though he is tracking HAC....Human Animal Conflict. That made no sence to me. Some of the death scenes of both humans and animals were pretty graphic so be warned. It was a quick read, a page turner but not one of the best of Patterson's career in my opinion.

No comments: