Synopsis: From the bestselling author of WE'RE JUST LIKE YOU, ONLY PRETTIER and BLESS YOUR HEART, TRAMP comes a hilarious new book.
Hang on to your hats! We're in for some fiercely funny weather and crackling-sharp observations from Celia Rivenbark, of whom USA Today has said, "Think Dave Barry with a female point of view." With her incomparable style and sassy southern wit, You'll hear from Celia on:
- The joys of remodeling Tara
- How Harry Potter bitch-slaps Nancy Drew
- Britney's To-Do list: pick okra, cover that thang up
- How rugby-playing lesbians torpedoed beach day
- Why French women suck at competitive eating
- The truth about nature deficit disorder
- The difference between cockroaches and water bugs
- The beauty of Bedazzlers
- And much, much more!
Whether she's doing her taxes or extolling the virtues of Madonna's mothering skills, Celia Rivenbark will keep you laughing until the very last page.
My thoughts: Well I think that synopsis about says it all. I laughed a lot while listening to this. I read another of her books and I don't remember so many "s" words. I found that a little off putting after awhile. There was a little political commentary, which I try to avoid. Otherwise it was a hoot! I have another of her books in a TBR pile for the Southern Reading Challenge 2009.
humor, southern humor, nonfiction, southern, commentary, essays
100+ Reading Challenge
RYOB Reading Challenge