Saturday, September 26, 2009

Underground by Kat Richardson


About the book: Harper Blaine was your average small-time PI until she died--for two minutes. Now Harper is a Greywalker, walking the thin line between the living world and the paranormal realm. And her new abilities are landing her all sorts of "strange" cases.
In the cold of winter, Pioneer Square's homeless are being butchered, and zombies have been seen roaming the streets of the underground city buried beneath modern Seattle.
When Harper's friend Quinton fears he may be implicated in the deaths, he persuades her to investigate. They soon discover a pattern that points to an inhuman killer stalking the citizens of the underground, and raising the walking dead in its wake.
Someone has unleashed a monster of ancient legend, and Harper must deal with both the living and the dead to find the creature and put a stop to it...unless it stops her first.
My thoughts: This was an impulse buy at Wal-Mart. Again, I was attracted first by the cover and then liked what I read on the back so I bought it. There was just a little romance with lots of attention the the paranormal. I enjoyed the the historical facts and fictionilized story of Seattle. I especially liked the Native American mythology like the legend of the monster Sisiutl and its master, Qamaits, that Kat Richardson used. A brand new monster! This is the third in the Greywalker series. I'll be looking for more of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds cool! I'll keep an eye out for it.