Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Graham-Smith


From the back: The Classic Regency Romance - Now With Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

First sentence: "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."

My thoughts: I read Pride and Prejudice and I loved it. So when I read that it had been reprinted with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem I couldn't help myself. I had to read it. Or in this case, listen to it. The author did a good job intertwining his part of the story with the orignal, keeping the story more or less on track. I found Elizabeth's blood lust a bit over the top, but all in all it was a fun "listen." It isn't great literature, but then it wasn't meant to be. If it sounds like something you might like to try, go check it out at the library and enjoy.

Quotes: All I ask is that my final months be happy ones, and that I be permitted a husband who will see to my proper Christian beheading and burial.

"I like her appearance," said Elizabeth, struck with other ideas. "She looks sickly and cross. Yes, she will do for him very well."

....few thought it worth the expense to dress the dead in finery when they would only soil it upon crawling out of their graves.

Links:

1 comment:

Teacher/Learner said...

I recently finished Pride & Prejudice and have heard this is a great twist on the original. It sounds like the zombies add to the satire.