Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding


From the back: When Evangeline Stone wakes up naked and bruised on a cold slab in the morgue - in a stranger's body, with no memory of who she is and how she got there - her troubles are only just beginning. Before that night she and the two other members of her Triad were star bounty hunters, mercilessly cleansing the city of the murderous creatures lining in the shadows, from vampires to shape-shifters to trolls. Then something terrible happened that not only cost all three
of them their lives but also convinced the city's other Hunters that Evy was a traitor - and she can't even remember what it was.

Now she's a fugitive, piecing together her memory, trying to deal some serious justice - and discovering that she has only three days to solve her own murder before the reincarnation spell wears off. Because in three days Evy will die again - but this time there's no second chance.

Quote: The hound pounced, its massive body on a collision course with mine. I tucked and rolled without waiting, counting on the hound's speed to carry its mass over me. Heavy feet hit the pavement. I came up and fired.

Why this book?: This was an impulse buy. I had it ans wanted to read it.

My Thoughts: Evy is another tough as nails Urban Fantasy heroine. But there was nothing ho hum or the same ole same ole about this book. The characters were fresh and new, the situations were intriguing and the world well built and unique. I didn't like that the Hunters didn't seem to work well together. When Evy finally remembers what happened to her, it was pretty horrible, not reading for the faint hearted. This was a page turner that I couldn't put down. I will be reading the next book in this series.

Links:
At B & N
Celebrate

The author

Challenges:
100+ Reading Challenge
Monthly Mixer Mele

Total Pages in 2010:
This book - 405
Total - 3784

2 comments:

Teddyree said...

This is one I've had my eye on so I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up soon as I do love urban fantasy. Not for the faint-hearted, that's even better!

Anonymous said...

I do love a good strong heroine. I think that's part of the reason I enjoy Urban Fantasy so much. They seem to be standard.