Friday, June 19, 2009

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb


About the book: It is 2058. New York cop Eve Dallas doesn't have to confront gun crime anymore, no one does. Guns are simply relics. But this latest homicide is an old-fashioned crime in many ways. Sharon DeBlass is a high-class hooker from a wealthy, powerful family. Her brutal shooting sends shockwaves through her family, political society and police headquarters. From the note under her body, it seems that a serial killer is on the loose. The killer gets uncomfortably close to Eve Dallas as she pieces together his identity. In the course of this murder investigation Eve Dallas meets Roarke, a charming self-made billionaire, and passions are stirred. This is the first in the incredibly successful suspense series featuring Dallas and Roarke. Those expecting a gentle read should put this book back on the shelf immediately. This tale has street language, sex and violence. And it is highly addictive stuff which will have you turning the pages far too fast. (Kirkus UK

Mass Market Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Berkley (October 1, 1996)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0425155188

My Thoughts:The review above about covers it. There is murder, romance, and suspense in this futuristic page turner. It was right about the page turning. I was burning up the page turn key on my Kindle. After three books I'm getting invested in these characters. What more could you want? Now that I've read the first one I can get on with the third one.

murder mystery, Kindle, in death series, romantic suspense, police

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hi Sharon, you won The Fixer Upper at my blog. Please check your email. I need to hear from you by Sunday June 21 at noon EDT or I'll have to give it to the next person on the list (I really, really want you to get this book!!!).

Mary

Teddyree said...

I really must get back on to JD Robb books, I do like the down and dirty style!

Ladytink_534 said...

I've only read this one and the second one. I have the third but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.