Sunday, October 4, 2009

Obsessed by Ted Dekker


About the book: A deadly tale of ultimate obsession. Stephen Friedman is making a good living in good times. He's just an ordinary guy. Or so he thinks. But one day an extraordinary piece of information tells him differently. It's a clue from the grave of a Holocaust survivor. A clue that makes him heir to an incredible fortune...a clue that only he and one other man can possibly understand. That man is Roth Braun, a serial killer who has been waiting for Stephen for thirty years. Roth was stopped once before. This time nothing will get in his way.
My thoughts: I have read several of Dekker's books and enjoyed them all. Thr3e is still my favorite. This book had a great story line and I enjoyed the way Dekker alternated between the '40s in the concentration camp and the present in the '70s. The main bad guy, was truly evil with descriptions on satanic mindset and rituals. With Dekker being a Christian author I think it would have been better if the spiritual side was included more, if the only weapon that we have against such forces had been written in, and that is our salvation in Jesus Christ. But it was not balanced at all. The main character, Stephen/David, while likable and sympathetic, kept making one bad choice after another. It became somewhat irratating. So my feelings about this book are somewhat conflicted.

1 comment:

Becky W. said...

I've only read Boneman's Daughters by Dekker and I don't think this one sounds like my cup of tea. I did like the other one though!

Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. I love reading your thoughts on books. You don't fill your review posts with a bunch of useless info and the layout is easy to read and follow!